Friday, March 19, 2010

Saturday rally and questions we all need to answer

Tomorrow, there will be a march/protest in Hollywood, specifically Hollywood and Vine if any of
you are local and interested. It will focus on protesting the U.S's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now, if you've read my blog, you may have noticed that I focus on a wide array of issues with the economy usually front and center. While I do think the economy is still at the forefront, I'm going tomorrow because I believe action on the part of the citizen is imperative to change and a pre-requisite to building a better country over all.
As a people, it is up to us to change a system whose foundation rests on the mantra: of the people, for the people and by the people. If we do not stand for our own futures, how can we be surprised when those futures are molded in the interests of those powerful enough to benefit from them?

I will be posting more after the march tomorrow but in the mean time, I wanted to ask a few questions that I will again ask tomorrow and probably many more times. They are questions i would love to hear your answers to and would love to see what other questions you feel we, the people should be asking.

1. What is the American dream?
2. Are corporations inherently bad? Why or why not?
3. What caused this country to be where it is?
4. What is the biggest issue today in this country?
5. Why isn't anything changing? What do you wanna do about it?

Talk soon.

No comments: